Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Save it for a rainy day


This is how my day looks. I absolutely love the rain! And I learned how to light a fire this morning (it's about time!). So with yarn in hand, the warm fire on, and a cheesy movie playing, I came to think of how good it is to rest. Today's picture is most certainly not an accurate portrayal of my daily life. I do love having an interlude in the craziness, but usually, I am busy with two part-time jobs and a full class load. The Lord promises rest to the weary and heavy laden and I am blessed to be experiencing a lengthier season of rest during this vacation. I love seasons!
In art, both my own and others', I tend to look for snowflakes, daisies, sun rays, and autumn leaves, the four symbols that best look to me like the four seasons. I enjoy blossoms in the backyard during spring time, roasting in the sun and camping during summer, crunching in the leaves and smelling vanilla in the fall (which usually comes about now where I'm from), and pretending there's snow outside during winter. The four seasons are such a representation of the growth and progression we experience in life.
I've just come out of a more difficult season, emotionally. The Lord was by my side through the storm and has been faithful in slowly bringing me into a season of rejoicing. I am thanking him daily that I have the time and space to rest in this season as I rejoice over his unfailing love.
Enjoying our fake winter/truly autumn day, and hoping you are as well.

No comments: