Thursday, March 18, 2010

Now what?


God,
I care about what you're doing in the world. I care about child prostitutes. I want to see justice served. I love what I've been learning about your justice... but, now what?
I'm a student.
I'm not yet completely healed... can I really look at hurting and abused child in the eye and be strong for her?
I don't even remember what it's like to experience culture shock. I need to remember.
I want to go, I want to be used.
But I feel so often like you're telling me to stay and to rest. I know in my heart you have given me a passion for seeing unreached and hurting people hear the name of Jesus in practical and significant ways. Maybe I'm having trouble realizing that when you call me to rest, it may not be just for a weekend, or even a month. Maybe you want me to live in a lifestyle of rest until I am completely whole again.
Would you guide me, please? Thank you for listening to my questions and thank you for caring.

You're amazing, God.
You're amazing, God.
You can bear the weight of every heavy heart.
You can clean the stain.
You can heal the pain.
You can turn our tears into songs of praise.
You're amazing, God!

No comments: