Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Itching...


Do you ever have those days where you feel unmotivated toward and unenthused by just about everything? This post will be choppy.

I have only 2 more free "summer days" before school starts. That makes me a little panicky.

My bedroom is in shambles because I attempted to get things orderly and beautified last night...but lost momentum.

Shamu (my car) is low on coolant. What the heck do I do about that?

I feel completely appreciated for the things I do, but quite under appreciated for who I am. My character is lacking encouragement and acceptance.

Are my 5:00am calls to prayer for Muslims really working? I don't even remember what I muttered before I rolled back over to go to sleep today.

CERTAIN websites are consuming my time...namely, facebook. Why do I care so much again?

As I spouted this list off to the Lord, laying on my bed last night all pathetic-like, I knew something wasn't quite right. "Do everything without complaining or arguing"...? Nope, I have not been fulfilling this Biblical instruction. I then read this passage:

"Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." -Ezekiel 1:25-28

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be on my face. I confessed being so self-absorbed and discontent. But here's the good news: God still cares about the things that concern me! We have a loving God who knows how to take care of us well.

Summer is not my source of joy, he is. Shamu will get coolant, facebook is not the devil, and my room will get cleaned. Most importantly, God appreciates my character.

If you can relate with my choppy, itchy mood, be encouraged.

No comments: