Saturday, August 27, 2011

What could I make with... ?


Let's play a little game.

Or rather, let's have you watch me play a little game.

How many different meals could I make with the food in my house RIGHT NOW?? Both the pantry and refrigerator are pretty well-stocked and I need some creative ideas... think, think, think.

Pasta! Lots of whole wheat pasta on hand...pasta with red sauce, another pasta with olive oil, parmesan cheese, and grilled tomatoes, vegetarian curry rice with green beans and yogurt on the side, pancakes, cinnamon bread...wait.

Let's narrow this down to just dinners because I could bake anything with what I've got around, really. Ok, resume.

Teriyaki chicken salad, creamy potato and cheese soup, twice baked potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes (lots of potatoes), tuna salad sandwiches, tuna and noodle casserole (gross, but I could make it), hummus and lettuce wraps, stuffed quesadillas, omelets and toast, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (boring...), tuna melts, lentils with curry sauce, spanish rice.

16 dishes... not bad for my pint-sized pantry. Now I just need to actually use these ideas...

No comments: