Sunday, January 31, 2010

All I Need is You, Lord.


Allow me to invite you into this morning's journal entry:
I'm living this really neat life. Experiencing my undergrad years at a Christian university, perusing what I love, in a community of people who also love the Lord. I live in a really cool dorm as the RA of a floor of girls I love, with a floor partner, staff, and boss who amaze me. On top of all that, I've been raised by committed parents who have set a stellar example for me in life.
Yet...
I struggle with self-confidence, embarrassment, sadness.
ALL I NEED is you, Lord! Would you help me to have my heart in the right place? Thank you for blessing me with the life I'm living, but forgive me whenever I cling to it... worse yet, when I cling to the status my position in life brings me. It's pretty detestable. I want to stand blameless before you and live in your reality. You're taking care and you're in control.
God, I still feel like you're whispering to me, "You don't know! I'm doing something great in you life!" Help me to trust that.
How great are you, my God, my love.

No comments: