Thursday, April 1, 2010

Confessions of a growing woman


It's true that everyone is in process...whenever someone asks me the question, "Do you feel whole?", I naturally want to respond, "well, no." As in, "Of course not! Nobody is completely whole!" But then they say that before you start dating someone, you need to be a whole person. Bologna! Unless I need to redefine to concept of a "whole person" in my mind.

I feel like we're all hurting or have hurt on some level. In fact, I know this to be true. So where do I draw the line between broken and whole? Am I done being broken once I can handle something stressful without breaking down? No, that's perfection. But I know God has called me toward healing and I've made lots of progress! I know I am complete in Christ, so am I a whole person? Maybe...

Whatever the end result, I will not deny hat I am forever in process. Praise to the God who lets us be where we need to be.

1 comment:

Oliver & Laura Quines said...

In my opinion...you are completely whole in God...but we will never be completely whole on our own no matter how hard we try. We will always be broken (sometimes more than other times) even with God. But you are a whole person...but I think you are right that it depends on your definition. Do you feel like you are missing something or that you are not enough on your own (with God) or that you are not a complete person? I think that is what people usually refer to...hmmm. Good thoughts sissy.