Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crocheting...


I like the word saga and perhaps I overuse it. I like to say, "saga", whenever I'm talking on a topic for which I have a lot of words (even if it's not dramatic). So, here's the scoop (saga) on my crocheting life as of late:

I am in the middle of a few projects:
-an aqua scarf
-a yellow and white hat with flower
-a warm-toned head band
-an autumn-colored blanket

It really doesn't bother me to be in the middle of a few projects at the same time... now of course if I had ten projects laying around that never got finished, I may get frustrated. But here's the deal: I crochet when I need something to keep my hands busy. In chapel (my favorite place to crochet!), on the plane, at work in the summer when the office is slow. The aqua scarf and yellow and white hat are for kids in Kenya. My sister is traveling there this summer (to the same slum I visited a few years ago!) to do a number of things with the schools there, including delivering sweaters, scarves, and hats to the kids. Yes, it actually does get cold in Africa! I'm working on the head band for my friends Brit and Nan; they share. And the blanket is on hold until I have some money to buy more yarn for it (my biggest project yet!).

Are you in the midst of any projects? I would love to hear what you're working on, crochet-related or not!

No comments: