Saturday, May 22, 2010


WHERE I AM

A quick post before I head to study for finals...

Today ends the 30 day coffee fast I have been on. So this morning I had a decaf vanilla latte with an extra pump of vanilla. Thanks, Starbucks! I thought buying a treat was called-for. And what did I learn during this time? That the joy of the Lord really is my strength. He provides for me in times of stress, exhaustion, and craving... during the times I would tend to turn toward a warm bev for comfort, I instead repeated that scripture to myself. "The joy of the Lord IS my strength..." (This verse always reminds me of my sweet niece, Keilah Joi- whose name meant strength and joy.)

I received some very exciting trip details for my quickly approaching trip to Turkey! As I read more about Paul, I can not wait to stand where he stood, hang out where he hung, and be challenged be the extraordinary way he preached in the most unlikely of cities. Of course this fun Pauline tour will come after three weeks of hard work at camp, which I'm also looking forward to.

While sippin' the coffee with Marianna and Brit this morning, we perused a garage sale. And I am currently sitting in my find of the day: an old director's chair! (I'm sitting toward the right side because the left has a big rip and needs some mending). I plan to distress it, stain it a darker wood color, and sew on some fun canvas fabric patches on. If that doesn't work, I'll just resell it at my garage sale!

Peace and blessings... especially if you too are preparing for finals!

No comments: