Sunday, October 31, 2010

Emanuel, Whatever the Season


A recent journaled prayer:

"This green snowflake represents how I feel about the current season. I'm so happy about the fall weather this week, but I'm also quite content with sneaking in Christmas celebration to make this Christmas season a really long one.

The thought just struck me: I need to be celebrating your birth if I'm starting up the secular seasonalities of Christmas. I'm sorry for not having your birth as my very first thought of Christmas! Forgive me. For your birth is GOD coming down to US as Emanuel!

Oh come, oh come Emanuel
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lowly exile here
Until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emanuel
Shall come to thee, oh Israel.

...thank you. So much! And thank you that I'm not in that spiritually dark place I thought I was entering. You know why.

In Jesus, Amen."

No comments: