Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tennessee bliss...


"The word of the Lord you have spoken is good," Hezekiah replied. For he thought, "There will be peace and security in my lifetime."...Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
Isaiah 39:8-40:1

Last week I asked, "Oh Lord, may there be rest?" Yes... he said yes. He does have good rest for his children. I'm learning that the most important place for rest is in the heart.

So I am in Tennessee with my dear Jamie, experiencing an autumn I've never before laid eyes on. The trees are REAL fall colors, all the scarves and sweaters I brought with hopeful expectation will actually go to use, and my nose is cold just from sitting with the window open. It's the very definition of Christine's bliss, hehe.

Having quite a bit of expendable time with Jamie going about her "normal" (though thoughtfully altered for my sake) schedule, I began thinking of all the things I needed to accomplish this week while away. But there was absolutely no urgency, no anxiety, no rush... I feel like the Lord is telling me to just TAKE this gift. So I'm taking it!

A morning of dreaming, cozy, and pumpkin chai muffins. Thank you, oh Merciful One.

No comments: