Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today when I put my pants on, I...


Thank you kindly to those of you who have been praying for me. I sometimes forget that this blog actually gets read! Leave a comment every once in a while, hehe. The entire week was a roller-coaster kind of week. The Lord is faithful though and I am grateful that he's willing to blow on the dusty furniture inside my heart...

So yes, today's title is: today when I put my pants on, I... Every once in a while when I want to write about something snappy or fun but have no ideas, I go to "Imagination Prompt Generator"- >http://www.creativity-portal.com/prompts/imagination.prompt.html< to find a good idea. When I first read that, I thought, "Icky. No one wants to hear about what I think when I'm dressing." But then I thought, "Well hey, I did have a really interesting pants experience this morning." So there ya go.

Today when I put my pants on, I realized they were too small. Oh, WAY too small. And since I'm going there, I might as well just tell you: I did the maternity, rubber band around the button trick and they were still too small (no, I'm not pregnant). A lot of my pants have been too small lately. AND, I found my first stretch marks last week! I know, I know, some of you must be thinking, "Child, if you're worried about your very first stretch marks, you're doin' all right." I had my first "no, no, no, I just won't buy new jeans if that means trying yet the NEXT size up" experience in the dressing room yesterday.

This is a little dramatic, I know. But it is what it is! Facing the facts of a slowing metabolism is not fun. Lots of deep breaths and big-picture reminders. I'm gonna go out with a bang here:

"I am beautiful no matter what they say! Words can't bring me down! Ohhhhhh, so don't you bring me down today."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My friend it is a hard reality BUT that's why we can be thankful "God looks at the heart" Man, some days I wish us women could just not care so much! You are beautiful! Sing it girl :)