Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ready, with Creative Juices Flowing.


Türkiye...I'm coming, beautiful country! It's fun to hear about my friends who are returning this summer. My co-intern is on her way right now!

(Listening to Bennie & the Jets isn't quite helping the contemplative mood I'm aiming for, but it's cheery.)

I'm writing a research paper for my internship class, which I thought was going to be a total snooze (the paper, that is). It turns out we have to research our host country and learn a bunch about current events, trends, heros, you know, all the things that make a country culture-rich. So I learned the Turkish national anthem last night (ok, didn't LEARN it, but listened to it and can now recognize it)! I also studied a bit on current politics (I know, me?? I hate politics). This is so interesting. With the research paper on top of my already excited spirit, and reminiscent photos making their way back to my eyes, I'm ready to board. Though I think a 15 page paper for a 1 unit class (yes.) is a bit ridiculous, I am enjoying myself. Getting in touch with my interests and practicing the joy I have in writing may just turn out to be a blessing.

Speaking of creative things (my brain was speaking of creative things, though that may not have been conveyed) I just finished a painting! And I'm taking a painting class next semester. AND I'm writing a book.

I

am

serious.

It will be an autobiography which I plan to publish and sell online. I'd like to get it done by the end of this summer... we will see! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: